> Country Family Robinson: Hey!! How U Doin'

Monday, April 20, 2009

Hey!! How U Doin'

Well, we had a fun weekend...kinda. Friday night we had a Spaghetti dinner for Special Olympics hosted by the Brothers at the Sabina Lodge. We typically go to their Breakfast every first Saturday of the month. They LOVE Tim! They even have peanut butter waiting for him to smother on his pancakes {{Ugh -Gross}}. So we went to have dinner, and they made sure to make another plate 'To Go' cause 'He is a growing boy and needs his food'....gah.. they sound like his Grandma! Oh well. Kept me from making supper on Sunday.

After Lodge, I tried to 'Roll' the yard with Grandpa Browns roller (that is older than me and Tim put together I think!) and we couldn't keep it running. I would finally get it going, back out of the garage, and it would die in the driveway. So Hubby, being the strong man he is...PUSHES the roller up the incline - to the flat part of the driveway. We finally get it started again, I do one swipe with the roller, and it dies......I give up. Hubby comes and pushes it from the side yard to the horse trailer where we load it up. We call Grandpa and tell him he can come hook up to the horse trailer and take it back home...I'm not messing with it any more.



So the rest of the night is spent on the couch with hubbs and doing the VGNO!!

Saturday, Hubby had to get up and go to work (8 hrs OT baby!!) So I got up, and mowed the yard (I ♥ my mower) That picture is from last year...and not very flattering!! I have those protective ear things on, but they are cool!! You can hook them up to your MP3 player, and rock out!! Makes cutting the grass more fun. Just gotta remember not to sing or dance too much, people look at you like you are crazy!! Well, I am very particular how I cut my grass. I mow it a different direction every time. This time happen to be left to right, which is the hardest on me.

After I got done mowing around noon, I took a shower, and got ready to go to a Birthday Party for my 4 year old cousin. That was fun, had some cake and ice cream. Didn't over do it {{pats own back}} and drank plenty of water to counter balance the sugar. By the time I got home, Hubby was home, and he got in the shower. He was pooped from work, so we spent the rest of the night on the couch - where I finished my book. By then, my back was in full revolt mode!! Needless to say, I didn't sleep much that night.

Sunday morning, we got up, went to church, and then spent the ENTIRE day on the couch. I could barely move. Tim made fun of me cause I read over half of another book in the few hours prior to my parents getting here. {{Re-Reading Interview with the Vampire - Ann Rice. Going to try and make it through the entire series.}} Tim was on laundry detail, and I helped as much as I could.

Mom and Dad came over about 6 for supper. Mom had to give me my shot, so we did that, and then I finished supper. Roast, dumplings, and mashed potatoes!! My speciality. After that, we had movie time! My parents only own 6 DVDs (4 of which I have bought them) so they like to come and watch movies at our house. So we watched I Now Pronounce you Chuck and Larry, and laughed!!

After that, it was 10pm, so Mom and Dad left, and we went to bed. I know what you are thinking...10 pm!! what are you .....80? Well, hubby gets up a 4:30am, and I get up at 6 - so I need my beauty sleep!! I am so tired all the time, and once you subtract the few hours worth of time it takes me to A.) fall asleep and B.) cool down from having hot flashes in the middle of the night, I don't get a lot of sleep.

So all ~n~ all it was a good weekend.

Hope everyone enjoyed theirs!

~*J*~

3 comments:

Ali said...

Sounds great! I love your mower too, that is the same kind we use for the town mowing, it is so fun! Tho, I haven't been able to help Jim with that for the last couple years...ah well. Sorry about your back, I hope you are feeling better!

Lillian Robinson said...

Grampa bought a new mower... Now there are two lawn tractors parked in the barn and the grass is knee high! #@%&###@!!!

Lillian Robinson said...

It is my pleasure to announce that I have passed to you -- Neno's Award!-- Please stop by http://www.lillianrobinson.com/ and pick up your award.

The aims of this award:
1)As a dedication for those who love blogging and love to encourage friendships through blogging.
2)To seek the reasons why we all love blogging.
3)Put the award in one post as soon as you receive it.
4)Don't forget to mention the person who gives you the award.
5)Answer the award's question by writing the reason why you love blogging.
6)Tag and distribute the award to as many people as you like.
7)Don't forget to notify the award receivers and put their links in your post.