> Country Family Robinson: Woes of the Pregnant Picky Eater...

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Woes of the Pregnant Picky Eater...

I thought I was a picky eater before......sheesh!! When Metformin came into my life (PCOS) My eating choices went down a bit. But man, this kinda sucks (but in a good way-for a good cause). I can only really eat an Egg for breakfast, Subway (chicken bacon ranch with lettuce and ranch), Wendy's Chicken Nuggets, Potatoes, Pretzels, Mac-N-Cheese, Green Beans (mine - from the garden with bacon bits and onion flakes) and Ice Cream -Thank you ice cream for making the upset belly go away!! Sometimes I can do a pork chop or piece of chicken - but I have to be in the mood for it, and not eat too much. I am a country girl, and we butcher our own beef. Well, I fixed a steak a few nights ago, and could only eat half....HALF!!! and it was a small one. But, yet, we go to Longhorn - and I can eat the whole dang thing. I know it is because our beef tastes different (home grown - no hormones- talked to by Gpa Brown, etc) but I didn't think it was THIS DIFFERENT!!! Gah! I hope this passes soon, or else we won't be getting anther half next year. The one good thing is that I haven't had to worship the porcelain god yet....so that is a plus.


It also doesn't help that when I get hungry....I GET HUNGRY!!! and it hits me quick too. I can just be sitting there, doing my work, and all of a sudden I am starving and can't wait to go home and eat! But when I do eat - I fill up really fast. Thank goodness Tim is having my 'eating-for-2' sympathy pains, or else I would have gained 30 lbs by now.


On the weight front, haven't gained anything - actually I have lost 2lbs. It is really nothing to worry about. Dr. said pregnant women with PCOS tend to lose more weight in the beginning of pregnancy because all the extra fat stored from the insulin resistance are starting to be burned up. He told me not to worry, and as long as I was eating enough, drinking enough, and taking my prenatals, I will be fine. Now if I get sickly looking, have weird symptoms and not getting a baby bump, then we will worry. Speaking of the baby bump, I know it is WAY to early, but it seems like some of the fat stored in other areas of my body have been migrating to my belly. It is already starting to stick out a bit more than it did before - to the point where I loosened my belt a notch. I think it is all in my head.


All in all, we are doing great. I can share another secret....just don't tell Tim - he may get embarrassed. You all know, from this post, Tim is not the most emotional guy out there. I had went and bought the bible for pregnancy (what to expect when expecting) and had been reading it before bed. Especially to find out what was going on development wise. Well, Tim would look at it some times, especially the pictures, and ask few questions. Well, when I was picking up my book, I came across another one. It is called "So you are going to be a dad". It is really funny, and actually wrote by a Dad (I kinda wanted to get it for him so I could read it). It is pretty short, only 208 pages - not very technical - so I thought it would be perfect for him and his personality. Tim tends to deal with the hard stuff by cracking jokes.


Well, we went to dinner on Wednesday, and he had been to Barns and Noble and picked up the book he thought I meant him to get (The Expectant Father). Which, is a bit longer, and is closer to the What to Expect book. I am hoping that he will read both of them, and be able to better understand why I am so crazy right now. A good sign is when I came out to the kitchen this morning, the stack of books on the kitchen table (thanks to my friend Lori) was missing the -So you are - book. I thought maybe I had misplaced it, but had a hunch that I didn't. So I looked in the one place Tim keeps his books that he is trying to read.....!!!TMI ALERT!!!......in the cabinet above the toilet. There it was, right on top, and ready to be read. So I am taking that as a good sign!!

Till Next Time!!

♥ J and the Lil' Bean ♥

3 comments:

Lillian Robinson said...

I was wondering when you would post a progress report.

Wow, I didn't think it was possible to be any pickier! This too shall pass. That change usually doesn't last long. Your taste buds will settle back to where they've been. So don't pass on next year's half.

And I thought that's where everybody kept books they're reading???

Unknown said...

I am so happy for you!! I had actually lost 11 pounds in the beginning of my pregnancy (I was chunky so apparently it was acceptable!! LOL) That's good that you haven't thrown up!!! If you want a funny book to read about pregnancy you should get "Belly Laughs" by Jenny McCarthy. It is hilarious, but oh so true!!

Congratulations again!!!

Jade said...

WOW! u have alot on ur plate and i think thats cool that u r with ur high school sweet heart i hope u get thru this battle