> Country Family Robinson: Busy Weekend!!

Monday, June 22, 2009

Busy Weekend!!

I was feeling better this weekend, except for the whole nothing sounding good to eat part. Saturday we got up, and had some breakfast and piddled around the house till noon. Then we went on the hunt for a school track or somewhere for me to walk, and Tim to run. The college track we were going to go to was locked up. So we were going to go to the park, but there was a Relay for Life festival going on. So we drove over to the Fairgrounds - they were having tractor pulls. GAH!! so we went to Wilmington HS as a last resort....it was open! yea! So, we did our stretches, got the ear phones in, and took off. Tim was running - of course - and I just walked at a steady pace. I made sure to keep watch on my heart rate and breath. It was pretty hot on the track, but the breeze was blowing, so that helped. I made sure to take a drink every half lap, or more if needed. I had my ipod under one sports bra strap, phone under the other (didn't you know that is why bra's were invented - to hold stuff :) and just went to town. I did 4 laps around the track, and was done. Luckily Tim had done his crazy number of laps running, and was cooling off as I rounded my final lap. Then we walked back to the car, and headed into Sabina to go swimming at my Aunt's pool. The water was nice and cool, and felt good after being in the sun. I was hungery after a while, so we went to the Frosty. The Frosty is a little shop that sells ice cream, and regular meals too. We had supper, then took some ice cream for the ride home.


Sunday we had church, then picked up our new grill. Ours had finally bit the dust, and the burners wouldn't stay lit.

It was Father's day, so they were on sale. We got home, had some lunch, then started putting the grill together...........
Well....Tim put the grill together:

I sat in the shade of the mountaineer and was in charge of the bolts, screws, and instructions.

By the time we were done, we were both sweaty, and REALLY HOT!! So, off to Aunt Debbie's house we go. My cousin Dawn and her family came over too and we had a mini pool party. We hung out for a while, then went home and cooked on the new grill. It was great.

All -n- All it was a good weekend. Didn't get as much rest as I wanted, so I was super tired today. Now just gotta work, and wait for my next Dr appointments on Thursday.
Have a great week
♥ J & Lil Bean ♥

2 comments:

Ali said...

Sounds like you had a very nice weekend. Great grill! We need a new one VERY badly, Jim has been using one little flame to cook with for a looong time now, it takes forever to cook anything! ;-)

Lillian Robinson said...

Very nice grill! I guess he had a great first Father's Day.

I went back to the doc today... More anti-biotics, Prednisone, and codeine. UGH! And a shot that made my hip sore.