> Country Family Robinson: Work.....

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Work.....

Now that it has been announced at work, I can finally say what is going on. For those of you that don't know, I have been without a 'real' manager since Nov of 2007. We were under the Webmaster (home banking, bill pay - etc - good choice right). Well, he left, and they never filled his position, so they shifted us to Member Support, who does Credit Cards, Direct Deposit, etc. That was all fine and dandy except we couldn't really have a lot of help when things got crazy, and had to utilize a wonderful woman as a manager - even though it was not her job. She was a life saver. In my department, I am the only full time person. The other girl that works with me only works in the afternoon (17 hrs week), which is after some of the stuff is suppose to be done for the day. So if I am in class (teaching or learning) no one is able to do our work except the wonderful woman I mentioned earlier. Well, for the past 6 months we have been told that we are going to go back to the IT department, so we will get the technical support we need, and then we would also get help.

Well, we were told on Monday that this was not going to happen. We are getting moved to the Member Help Center - which is the call center. For those of you that have known me for a while know that I use to be the loan processor for the call center, and by the time I left, it wasn't exactly 'in love' with everything going on. So, now we are going back down to the Call Center, and I am a bit scared. We have been told that our current duties are not going to change, and that I will be given assistance when things are busy, and help them take care of members when I am not there.

Unfortunately, I have heard that before, but I am hoping that they actually stick to it this time. I can't really do anything about the move, but I just have to roll with it. I can't quit - I need a job. So we will just have to see what happens.

So, I am asking for strength to get through this transition, and to keep my emotions in check. It has gotten worse the last few days - breaking down multiple times today at my desk - and I really don't like being emotional around people - so this is really hard. Anyway, any prayers for me would be helpful.

I will have updates on the PCOS/Cycle front tomorrow - got an ultrasound at 4.

1 comments:

Lillian Robinson said...

You are continually in my prayers. I understand the emotional thing. I went through a period like that many years ago, and I hated feeling that way at work! It was hard to 'pretend' smile for everyone. I will pray harder!