> Country Family Robinson: Finally Friday!!!

Friday, March 13, 2009

Finally Friday!!!

Well, made it through the week, and through my first day back in the call center. I went in early, but they had to get maintenance to fix my cabinet drawers, AND get me another set to hold all my stuff. So by the time the drawers got fixed, and the other one in place, it was about 9:30. However, I had to move things around a few times before I got it right. The new desk is smaller than the one I came from, so that was fun. I think I got it now though. The only down side is the noise. The walls on the desks are pretty much non-existent, so everyone's conversations can be overheard. The morning isn't too bad, but the afternoon gets a bit loud. No offence to the College Kids, but they are a bit loud. They come in around the time I go to lunch. I try to tune it out, but it is kinda hard right now. That, and the sound of the phones ringing (some are REALLY LOUD) and the 'ding-ing' of 'Calls in Que' both on the actual phones, and the Simon Board on the wall that shows the time, #of calls in each Que (Main and Loan) and time of longest call. When calls in Que are over the limit allowed, it Dings - Gahhhhh!!! Kills me. And it dings at every hour.

Anyway, I came in, stuck to myself, spoke when spoken to, and minded my own. I am doing everything I can to blend into the wall, and not bring attention to myself. I know they are waiting for me to say something, or to be up talking, but I really don't have any connection to most of the people around me, so I should be able to keep it up. 'The more you talk - you are obviously not that busy' - so I am going to keep the personal conversations to a minimum - cause lord knows I am busy most of the time.

Well, it is Friday, Tim and I went to Damon's for supper cause I didn't want to cook. Now we are hanging out in the living room, playing on the laptops and listening to music. I gotta get up tomorrow and head into Miami Valley for my day 13 probing to see if it is shot time. After that, we have a lodge dinner where we gotta dress up a bit. I will try to take a few pictures of us if I can talk Tim into it. he hates when I get the camera out. I am still planning on making a video blog this weekend, but I gotta do it when Tim isn't around cause he makes fun of me. Till then, hope everyone has a great weekend!

~*Jessica*~

2 comments:

Ali said...

Thanks for stopping by earlier, you should join in the VGNO some Friday night!

Gosh, I hope work gets better for you and that you can "adjust" ok. Have fun tomorrow and I hope to see some pics! =)

Lillian Robinson said...

Work sounds dreadful. Hang in there!