> Country Family Robinson: Room Updates, Bad Dreams and my Glucose Fail

Monday, July 27, 2009

Room Updates, Bad Dreams and my Glucose Fail

Well, on the house front - the rooms are empty!! WHOOT!!! But everything is now in the basement, including the spare room bed. So the house looks a bit empty - like we were getting ready to move. We are hoping Dad will come out within the next few weeks to put the wood in the Dining and Kitchen rooms, and start tearing out the carpet in the bedrooms. While we were at Lowes getting the boards that will go where the carpet was in the dining room to level the floor with the existing kitchen floor. Gotta have a pretty level area to but the wood down. While we were at Lowes, we decided to re-paint the bedrooms while they are empty. However, just being in Lowes paint center, flooring center, anywhere in Lowes really, makes me start to feel sick. Luckily Hubby called his Dad, and asked if he would come in an paint. YEA!! He said he would paint one room at a time - which is good so I don't get too much in fumes. We will have the ceiling fans on in the rooms, and just have him open the windows and close the door when he leaves - that way we can keep the fumes going out. May even put fan in the window, but we will see. I am just thankful that he agreed to do it. It will keep me out of the room and away from the fumes.

I have also been having some bad dreams recently. Mostly they are weird, and don't really make much sense. I have had a few where my closest friend, Brooke, went with me to a Dr. appointment, but then some guys attempted to kidnap her from my car when we were driving home. I think it was the fact that I haven't gotten to talk to her, or hang out with her for a while that prompted the dreams. Since we move out of town, it has gotten harder and harder to get together. Especially since it is about 40 minutes between our houses. Not to mention, with my 'no-baby-blues' I spent a lot of time to myself, and hiding in the house.

Well, today was a doosie. To start with, the only dreams I have ever had about the baby was what we were having, and that there would be 2 (boy and a girl by the way). But today was BAD. I had a dream that I lost the baby. I was at my parents house, and was getting into the shower - and noticed some spotting. So I run into the kitchen (still buck naked) and start freaking out asking Mom (nurse) what to do. She said that they had to get the baby out - So I start freaking out again saying that nothing is wrong with the baby, and I just need to go to the doctor. So I decide to go ahead and take a shower, but as I was stepping in, I sneezed. Now, without going into too much detail, think of how it looks if you turn a ketchup bottle upside down, and squeeze hard and fast. Yea, pretty gross, and really freaked me out. This is when I woke up. My heart was racing, and I was breathing fast - starts of a full blown panic attack. I haven't had one in a few years, but was able to calm down before things got out of hand. Unfortunately Tim was already out of bed, and it was about 20 minutes before my alarm went off, so he wasn't there in the bed with me. but after a few calm breaths, I was OK. It still bothered me a little, but I am trying to put it behind me. I will definitely be asking the Dr. to locate the heartbeat if he doesn't do it on his own, just to put my mind at ease.

On top of that, this morning I got a call from the Dr's office. So last week, at my nurse meeting, I agreed to do the 1 hour glucose test. Because of my PCOS, I have an increased chance of Gestational Diabetes. So to be safe, they tested me early, to try and head off any issues. Well, the results came back, and I failed. So tomorrow I am taking the dreaded 3 hour test. I have to fast from 7:30 pm until test time at 7:30 am. Now, for those of you that have been following along, I am notorious for getting a bit fuzzy when I get my blood drawn. Well, 12 hrs of fasting, 1 bottle of sugar drink, and a blood draw every hour for 3 hours, it is going to be a trial tomorrow. Please pray for me that I don't A) throw up - cause I will have to come back and do it again another day and B) not pass out from lack of food, and 3 individual blood draws. Hopefully they will have my test results by Thursday afternoon when I go to see the Dr. I am a bit anxious, so I can't wait until the results come in. If the levels are still too high, they may put me back on the Met, and I would have to test my own blood sugar. But I am just trying to get tomorrow done, then worry about the results.

Anyway, gotta go to bed now cause I gotta get up earlier than normal to make it to the lab early enough.

G'night
♥ Jessica & Lil Bean ♥

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are in my prayers. Hang in there, sometimes when you're pregnant you can have some really crazy dreams.
Love you!

Lillian Robinson said...

What a horrible dream! I used to have nightmares that were so upsetting I couldn't go back to sleep, so I can relate. That one sounded like an 11 on a scale of 1 to 10! On the positive side, you must be getting some deep REM!

I'll be praying about the test.

Let us know when it's time to paint.