> Country Family Robinson: Garden is in!!

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Garden is in!!

Well...garden is in. My dad had used a plow to break up the ground last Monday.

My FIL Ray came over on Sunday afternoon with his tractor and worked the ground up nicely. I gotta get me one of these some day. Forget that walking-behind-the-tiller crap we use to do.


So once Ray had it all nice and worked, he helped put the fence posts in with the bucket of the tractor - a lot easier than using the post hole driver. Once those were in, Dad was here, and he pretty much took over the garden. Kinda weird not me and mom, but whatever.

Mom got here later, and was picking out the weeds from the gate to the garden.


Tim was even trying to help. He was the Marker Man. He would put the stakes in the ground so we know where the rows are.

So when all is done, the electric fence is up to keep the deer out, the chicken wire to try and keep the rabbits out (they ate a good chunk of my green beans last time.).

Mom also got the thistles out of the flower beds....she is so good at that!! Hopefully I will grow up to be like her someday :)



I ♥ love ♥ it when I don't have to wear shoes!!


♥ J

4 comments:

Ali said...

What a great garden! Wish ours could look like that lol! And your flower beds look great, enjoy! =)

Lillian Robinson said...

Ray said you had great dirt. You don't need a tiller. He'll do it every year for you.

Lucy said...

Beautiful and BIG garden! Nice work.

ICLW

Anonymous said...

I love going barefoot too!