> Country Family Robinson: Busy times on the Robinson Homestead!!

Monday, May 11, 2009

Busy times on the Robinson Homestead!!

Well, with the rain last week, my Mom and I weren't able to do our Mother's Day Garden Work on Sunday. On Saturday I cut the grass REALLY short (2 in, low as it could go) so Grandpa would know how big of a garden we were doing. He came over today with the plow and worked the ground up. It is going to be about 50X60. It isn't going to be full, cause we need room so I don't shock myself on the electric fence. So far, we are doing Green Beans and corn as usual. I think we are going to do bell pepper plant? and possibly a tomato plant. Don't really need a bunch, cause still got tons of juice from a few years ago. But some of the recipes I have been looking at takes crushed tomatoes, but we will see. I'm trying to branch out on what I cook, getting kinda bored, but it is easier to cook things that are quick, easy, and plain. I'm a picky eater, so we will see how it goes.

Mom and I should be working on the Garden this Sunday, so I will try to get some pics and post them for everyone to see.

♥ J

4 comments:

Lillian Robinson said...

One tomato plant? hehe... Grampa decided to start ALL our heirloom brandywine seeds in the basement! Ray couldn't convince him there wasn't enough light. He threw out forty billion plants yesterday :(

Unknown said...

We did a garden 2 years ago and had good results with roma tomatoes, green peppers and cucumbers. Hope your garden goes well!!

Unknown said...

Just wanted to swing by and drop off an award for you! Well, okay, you have to come get it! lol http://michellegillsphotography.blogspot.com/2009/05/faith-on-fires-very-first-award.html

Lillian Robinson said...

Congrats! You have an award waiting for you at my 'blahwg' blog. Stop by and pick it up.

Also, you are overdue for a new post... It's been a week! What's up? Have you forgotten your readers? I know... summer.