> Country Family Robinson: Houston...We have movement!!!

Monday, August 3, 2009

Houston...We have movement!!!

Holy Moley!! Someone is blowing bubbles in my belly.

Well, on Satuday, my cousin Sequoya and her boyfriend came over for her birthday, and ate my homemade pizza (birthday girl's wish). After I got done eating, I was sitting around waiting for the others to finish, and all of a sudden - there were bubbles in my belly. I must have had a weird look on my face cause Tim looked at me and asked if I was ok. I said 'Either I am going to be sick, or I just felt the baby move'. Well, I didn't get sick, and the bubble feeling was right below the belly button - right where the doctor said. It was crazy!!

It happened again on Sunday. I was getting ready for church while Tim was in the shower. He got out, I turned around to ask him a question, and it happend again. As before, it caught me off guard but I was glad I felt it. Made me smile! Tim probebly thinks I am going crazy, but its ok. I just can't wait till the baby is big enough for Tim to feel it.

I also relized that I have yet to take a belly picture because to me - all I see is residual flab from the 50 lb weight gain thanks to PCOS. Eventhough I am down 25 lbs, I still feel like I am flabby uptop, and not really 'showing'. Well I talked to some other Mom's online, and they said they felt th same way, but it was just everything moving up, making you pooch out more. Also, I think that because of dealing with the infertility, and the increased chance of miscarriage - I was afraid to take pictures, start a journal, or any of that stuff because I didn't know how I would react to it in the event I lost the baby. I know that is morbid - but it is a fact that you must face - especially for pregnancy after infertility.

So, since I am now 17 weeks - I thought I had better take a picture. I refuse to post bare-belly pics for personal reasons: #1 I think bare pregnant bellies look weird and freak me out just a bit and #2 a PCOS side effect is increased hair growth - so my belly is a bit fuzzy. Sorry for the TMI, but it is a fact. Anyway, Tim took the picture - which he isn't the greatest with the camara - but hopefully he will get better...LOL.

I have decided that I will definitly be switching to Maternity Jeans next weekend. While we were sitting in church, I realized just how big my belly was getting, and how regular jeans are not as flexable as my work pants are.

Well, Tim is home, and out of the shower - so it is time to go to bed.

G'night
♥ J & Lil Bean ♥

4 comments:

Lillian Robinson said...

Congrats on the bubbles! I know you can't help but think those morbid things, but don't let them keep you from enjoying these months.

One of these days I'm going to have to get a taste of that pizza!

Gabri said...

OMG so happy for you & Tim! You have gotten quite a little belly since I last saw you. :) I agree with what the person said above. Enjoy this time. I know it's hard to not worry but take it day by day and enjoy every flippin' minute of it!

Unknown said...

You have a cute little baby belly!! Isn't it the most wonderful thing feeling the baby move for the first time? I would tell Bruce every time I felt her kick (I'm sure he was sick of me telling him) and then when he could finally feel her kick his whole face lit up like it was really real for him!!! Elizabeth was quite the aerobic instructor toward the end!! Eventually you will be sitting on the couch and just see your belly start moving like it has a mind of it's own!! So freaky but so enjoyable!!!

Unknown said...

Oh... one more thing!!! I can't believe you are finding out the sex!!! Cheater!! LOL :)